Monday, December 12, 2011

Life's Rough When You're a Celebrity

Today, I had to wake up before the sun was awake (something unspeakable for a college student) and put on presentable clothes to sit in a room and answer questions for important people for a total of four hours today. Press conferences are the worst! I believe my interviewers were very busy and mute because they handed out these packets of questions to a whole bunch of people instead of talking to a select few of us. I guess the world is just throwing in the common person with us big shots...

I realized later that I wasn't simply mistaken with the crowd instead of being worshiped like the star I am; I was taking my final exams.

Okay, so maybe I might have stretched the truth a little bit. I'm not a celeb nor do I think I am. However, tonight at Polo Club, I was elected president and celebrated with a few chuckers (a match of polo that lasts 7 1/2 minutes). It was the first time I got to play with one of my JV teammates, Juanita, and she turned out to be a really awesome person.

Of course it was great getting to play with our ponies again too!

 
Let me introduce you to the wonderful and lovely Purdue Polo ponies. On the left is Sapora; he's an old, easy going gelding (boy that is missing his...um uh tenderness). Next to him is little Peanuty; she's a sweetheart and was feeling really spunky tonight! Then beside her is the great, magnificent, and forever handsome Athana; she couldn't be a better polo pony. Then, last and possibly least, on the right is Gorda. Yeah, it means fat in Spanish and right now, she's living up to her name. More importantly though, she's a bitch. There's just no getting around it or putting it nicely. I love her to death because she's a sweetheart any time other than when you're trying to tack her or canter. She kicks. And bites. Hard. These are some of my favorite horses away from home. They're probably my overall favorite if you don't count the race horses. Actually, they're probably my favorite living things around here.

Overall, our chuckers went amazingly! The horses went well. The girls played fierce. And of course, I was a beast. Until Gorda attacked someone else's horse....then kicked another....then walked away with only one of my feet in the stirrup.... Yeah, yeah, I think it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment